Friday, April 5, 2013

Meals - before and after pics of my meals! (dorky, I know!!)

So I've kind of discovered that I like to take before and after pictures of the food I'm eating. You know, just to kind of compare the difference from your full plate to your finished plate. Silly, I know!! It's kind of fun because I'm still stuck in the "eyes are larger than stomach" phase, so my initial portions are normal people portions. When I was pre-op, this is the sort of thing I would of loved to have seen.... to get a real idea of how much I would be eating. Today I had BBQ chicken and turnip greens for lunch. I plan to continue doing this, so I hope they can help you get a good visual! Remember I am 12 weeks post op, and feel I can eat more than most sleevers at my stage. :) but I really don't know.

Before:



After:



For anyone interested in the recipe, it is super simple, delicious, and diet friendly!! In a crockpot I put a bag of frozen chicken tenderloins, two medium yellow onions, a LOT of minced garlic (I don't measure things, sorry), salt and pepper, and a bottle of BBQ sauce (I just used Kroger brand). Very good and I will definitely be making it again.

Moving on..... I had a really bad "food day" yesterday. I had two glasses of wine last night. Mistake! Wine is one of the biggest reasons I got fat in the first place. Not necessarily because of the calories in the wine or anything, but because once I get a little buzz I become STARVING! It turns out my nice new stomach didn't change at all when it comes to this. I was SO hungry! I had two pieces of pizza....not at the same time as I can only eat one small piece at one sitting. I had the other a few hours later. Lesson learned. I just cannot have wine while I am trying to lose weight. Boo!

I seem to be stuck at the same weight for maybe a week now, but I think it's because I have been slacking on the exercise and not eating the best foods. I'll do better this week.

Have a good night! :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm really interested to see this, I haven't had surgery yet but this gives me a realistic idea of meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. I was told I'd never be able to drink alcohol again, is this not the case?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks delicious! Can you please give me some tips on how to make this? I've done done gastric sleeve surgery which PlacidWay help me to find best hospital that offers bariatric surgery. So I really need to go on diet to maintain my sex body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great onion. i like it.
    but doctors here go that extra mile to make it work for you. I am saying from my own experience that they are the best. I would recommend them to anyone going for gastric sleeve . You will simply love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of considerations when choosing gastric Cost of gastric sleeve. Where will you have your surgery? Who will perform the surgery? And how much are you willing to pay? All of these questions play a role in your final decision to have gastric sleeve surgery.
    gastric sleeve cost
    gastric sleeve surgery cost
    sleeve gastrectomy cost
    gastric sleeve testimonials

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jacky for sharing your own experience and tips with us. I read your post carefully. Now my all doubts are clear about weight loss surgery through your blog. This is helpful and gives a positive thought for weight loss surgery Dallas. Thanks again for nice post.

    ReplyDelete